Artisans Onsite Task List
- Inventory the tools and materials made available to you
- No oil painting in the buildings.
- Assign two or three students to retrieve – and return – the heavy canvas tarp located in the Fur Warehouse closet
- (Optional) Ask for the branding iron if you are doing a wood project. Use it on your bench or perhaps brand a piece of scrap wood for each student in the Artisans Activity Group
- Complete your Artisan Activity Group project(s).
- Return all tools to Fur Warehouse closet neatly, wash and dry as needed. Fold tarp neatly before putting away
- Move personal sleeping gear into back of Kuskov House – only at the scheduled time!
- Prepare candle lanterns and matches for Night Watch before dinner (materials and instructions provided by ELP Instructor)
- Know your Night Watch and morning clean up chores
Rules and Responsibilities –
- Follow the adults instructions at all times
- Obey all safety rules; be very careful with tools
- Put tools away; clean and rake work area when finished. If you’re working on benches under the Apple Tree, please return the benches to their original location
Night watch – Check Schedule. Wake up Clerks in the front Chapel room for next watch, or as specified by the ELP instructor
Morning Responsibilities –
- Pack personal gear and bring to Fort gates
- Clean and sweep your sleeping quarters, and the Officers’ Barracks. You are returning the Fort Compound – to ‘Visitor Ready’ status. Make sure it’s completely cleared out
- Collect ALL lanterns for your class. Dry them as needed and return to ELP closet, or where specified by your ELP Instructor
- Return all individual game pieces to their own bags/containers, remove any personal items and ready the Game Bag for the next school group. Report any problems to your ELP Instructor
- If your group is finished but the clean up isn’t finished find out how you can help
- Help make sure all Fort gear is clean and dry. Help carry all dried Fort gear to ELP closet in the Officers’ Barracks, and put in right place
- Remove litter, make sure wax is off tables and floors. Wash down, dry tablecloths. Ask your ELP Instructor whether the tablecloths should be folded, and fold as needed
Fort Litter Pick Up – All groups line up shoulder-to-shoulder and walk the inside of the fort for a full Fort cleanup