- Meet with the ELP Instructor in the fur warehouse and go over duties and instructions
- Trade Store – Set out and price the items that you have brought. Decide which clerk will accept the money, or tend to the ledger, who will take care of the store, and who will keep the store spiffy, and who will greet the groups and explain the store rules
- Prepare payments – The Clerks and Commandant should determine the best pay system. There can be individual packets for each employee, or one large packet for each group’s officer with a list of who receives how much.
- Inventory the warehouse. The warehouse is filled with items ready to be shipped or sold. Clerks will receive Magazin Inventory sheets to check store supplies
- Prepare a package for shipment to the Carmel Mission. The wooden box provided by Fort Ross contains all the items.
- Record activities being done by the Company in the Clerk’s logbook.
- Practice your calligraphy (optional). This must be done outside. Fort Ross provides materials.
- Move personal sleeping gear into Chapel front vestibule – only at the scheduled time!
- Know your Night Watch and morning clean up chores
Rules and Responsibilities –
- Follow the Officers’ instructions at all times
- Obey all safety rules; be very careful with tools
- Maintain warehouse inventory and report any discrepancies to your Commandant
Night watch – Check schedule. When night watch is over wake up Gardeners in the back of the Chapel, or as specified by the Commandant
Morning Responsibilities –
- Pack personal gear. Clean and sweep the Chapel thoroughly. Make sure it’s completely cleared out.
- If your group is finished but the clean up isn’t finished find out how you can help. Help is often needed in the kitchen! Note that your ELP Instructor will only unlock the trade store when enough of the clean up has been finished by ALL groups.
- Finish up last minute Trade Store preparations.
- After Trade Store thoroughly sweep out the entire Magazin (bottom floor)
- Fort Litter Pick Up – All groups line up shoulder to shoulder and walk the inside of the fort for a full Fort cleanup.
Fill in your character names below –
Clerk Officers –
Clerk Employees –