- Soak the basket materials provided by Fort Ross
- Garden work – tools are in the garden, prepare garden for planting by weeding, digging and loosening the soil, add compost and fertilizer brought from home, plant plants, water existing plantings in the garden (you can use a yoke from the kitchen), add plant matter to Compost. Make sure water tap is off
- Harvest any vegetables that are ready and take to the cooks. Know your edibles when you use the plants from the garden, only harvest plants that you know to be safe with 100% certainty!
- (Optional) Mark the garden plot with your school name
- (Optional) Make any necessary repairs to the garden fence but please do not take it down
- After gardening, return to the fort to make a basket. Find your ELP Instructor for instructions. Clean up after basketmaking. Empty tub and leave upside down against the Officers’ Barracks to dry. Add your weaving scraps neatly to the wood pile as kindling for the next Company, and return gear, as needed
- Take out Compost after dinner and before your Company leaves. Thoroughly clean and dry compost tub and return to the ELP closet
- Move personal sleeping gear into the Chapel back vestibule – only at the scheduled time!
- Know your Night Watch and morning clean up duties
Rules and Responsibilities –
- Follow the Officers’ instructions at all times
- Obey all safety rules
- Clean up garden area, tools and all basket weaving supplies and buckets. Put tools away
Night watch – Check schedule. Wake up Hunters in the eight-sided Blockhouse, or as specified by the Commandant.
Morning Responsibilities –
- Pack personal gear and bring to Fort gates, sweep and thoroughly clear out your sleeping quarters
- Take out Compost before Company departure (after final meal). Wash tub with soap and water, and return dry to closet
- If your group is finished but the clean up isn’t finished find out how you can help
- Help make sure all Fort gear is clean and DRY. Help carry all dried Fort gear to ELP closet in the Officers’ Barracks, and put in right place
- Remove litter, make sure wax is off tables and floors. Wash down and dry tablecloths. Ask your ELP Instructor whether the tablecloths should be folded and fold as needed
- Fort Litter Pick Up – All groups line up shoulder to shoulder and walk the inside of the fort for a full Fort cleanup
Fill in your character names below –
Gardener Officers –
Gardener Employees –