ELP Parent Meeting Agenda
Handouts for the parents:
- Role Group webpages, e.g. parents working with hunters will be handed the ‘Hunter’s’ role group section
- Any other section of this website which parents are using to assist with, e.g. costumes
1. What is a Fort Ross Environmental Living Program (ELP) all about?
- Discuss the ELP philosophy – the value, the learning experience, etc
- Discuss Group activities – Cooks, Militia, Clerks, Hunters, Artisans and Gardeners
- Overall schedule – Hand out sample schedules
- Discuss night time activities and Night Watch
2. What do we need from parents in advance of the Fort Ross visit?
- Discuss the importance for parents to encourage research, enthusiasm, and curiosity in all the kids coming on the ELP
- Work with students to learn more about, imagine and recreate their 19th century character that they will role-play while at Settlement Ross
- Costumes – research and construct or purchase from a thrift store
- Share special skills – Russian language, music, folk dance, cooking
- Assign parents in role groups to work with the children planning for the day, e.g. menu planning, crafts projects, flag making, etc
- Go over the individual role groups with the assigned parents
3. What do we need from parents during the onsite visit?
- Go over the roles and responsibilities of parents
- Transportation and logistics – arrival scenario, rainy day schedule
- Help with cleanup
4. Questions and Answers
5. Schedule the next Parent Meeting