- Organize pots, pans and cooking materials in the kitchen area. Look at your schedule and chosen recipes, and decide as a group when you have to do what.
- To churn butter, put cream out right away to warm. Start early, as it takes awhile to churn.
- Prepare snack to serve.
- Prepare dinner meal. Dinner should be ready at the time specified on your schedule.
- After meal preparation, make beeswax candles, time permitting. ELP Instructor supplies materials for candles.
- Move personal sleeping gear into front of the Kuskov House – only at the scheduled time!
- Know your Night Watch and morning clean up chores.
- Return kitchen equipment to proper place in ELP closet. Please be sure all utensils are thoroughly cleaned, pots are washed inside and out and dried thoroughly before taking back to the storeroom. Please be neat.
- Fires – The militia crew will help the cooks by starting the cooking fires. Cooks maintain the fires once the militia takes leave from the kitchen. Make sure that your fires don’t get too big and too hot to cook on.
- Hand washing – Place hand soap and hand towels near the faucet area for the Company
- Hot Dish Water – is provided by building a nice fire under the big spider pot in the cooking area. the Militia starts this fire and adds the hot water to the dishwashing station. Do not put wash tubs on fire to heat water!
- Leftovers and scraps – from the kitchen should be taken to the garden compost pile before nightfall by the gardeners, or other selected group. We provide a tub to be used for this task. Do not put food in the trash cans! Trash – There are two trash barrels nearby. One for true trash and one for recycling. Please try not to overfill the trash cans. If they are full, ask for a new trash bag or use the extra that is in the can.
- Recycling – We ask that you take home the recyclables — glass, plastic and aluminum.
Rules and Responsibilities –
- Follow the Officers’ instructions at all times.
- Obey all safety rules; be especially careful with knives, axes and fire.
- Keep the kitchen area as neat and clean as possible.
- Wash hands before handling food.
Night watch – Check Schedule. Wake up Artisans in the back of the Kuskov House for next watch, or as specified by the Commandant.
Morning Responsibilities –
- Prepare and serve breakfast
- Clean Kitchen with help from Hunters and others
- Pack personal gear and completely clear out sleeping quarters
- Remove litter, make sure wax is off tables and floors, wash and dry tablecloths in the Officers’ Barracks
- If your group is finished and another is not, find out how you can help
- Fort Litter Pick Up – All groups line up shoulder to shoulder and walk the inside of the fort for a full Fort cleanup.
Fill in your character names below –
Cook Officers –
Cook Employees –